Glacier’s COVID-19 Safety Plan
Updated July 1, 2020
Glacier Gymnastics Club’s COVID-19 Safety Plan was approved by our Board of Directors on June 15, and we have been given the green light to start running classes. We are in compliance with all safety requirements outlined by the Province (BC Health, ViaSport BC, Gymnastics BC).
We’re excited to get back to sport!
(Updated July 1st) – We started with Step 1 with the older and more experienced gymnasts June 17-25. All protocols are working well and we are moving on to our 2nd step. Additional staff have been trained on the procedures and the program schedule is being expanded starting on July 2nd. Once we are satisfied that we can run an expanded schedule safely we will look at reinstating some Recreational Summer Camps. A rough estimate for these classes is an August start date.
Our number one priority is the safety and well being of the children and our community. We will progress our plan only if & when we can safely do so.
Are You Interested?
We don’t know what kind of registration response to expect. If you are interested in returning to gymnastics, please let us know here – I’m Interested in Returning to Gym!.
All returning members will be required to understand and follow all new safety measures.
| – Glacier Gymnastics Club COVID-19 Safety Plan|
Legal Documentation includes a Participant Declaration and Waiver & Release. These documents must be completed separately from our online policy agreement system.
Read and Complete the Documents here.
– Return to Gym – What to Expect
There are a lot of changes – this document will help you and your gymnast!
– Daily Screening Checklist
Must be completed each day before entering the facility.
– Gymnastics BC Return to Sport Plan
Important Changes To Know
Our Safety Plan is very detailed and contains every safety measure we are following. If you haven’t read it yet, be aware that coming to Club and Communicating with staff will be very different.
- The Club’s Office will remain closed for now.
- Entrance to the facility is only open to class participants and only just prior to the start of their class.
- Club Administration will be minimized as much as possible, as we try to cope with the increased costs of running classes under significantly reduced capacity and social distancing requirements.
- Communications should be conducted via email and telephone as much as possible. “In person” communications will need to be scheduled in advance – completion of the screening checklist is required upon each visit.
Updates on our progress and summer scheduing will be published once we are able to progress to the next stage of our Safety Plan (hopefully by the end of June). Watch our Facebook page @glaciergym.