We’re very happy to let the membership know that the lighting upgrade project for the Civic Centre gymnasium has been approved for funding. A new high efficiency LED system is being installed at the end of August! This will greatly improve the lighting of the gym space and be a huge improvement to the environment for the kids attending gymnastics!
Call For Volunteers
In order for the lighting work to take place, we must remove / dismantle most of the equipment in the gym. This is a huge undertaking that can’t be accomplished by the coaching staff alone. We once again are calling on our amazing family of volunteers to pitch in and help get the work done. Many hands make light work!
- Volunteer time for this project will count double.
- The hours will be applied to the upcoming season.
- You can request to have the hours applied to this past season by emailing Steve.
Volunteer Sign Up
- Online Volunteers Sign Up Here
- Work to take down the gym will happen on Wed, Aug 26th.
- Gym set up is tentatively set for Monday, Sep 14th.
We will coordinate the work over at least two shifts (morning and afternoon) and possibly an evening shift if needed. More details are outlined on the sign up sheet.
LED Project Details
Glacier Gymnastics Club would like to thank the City of Nelson for prioritizing this work and making this project possible; we also acknowledge the support of the RDCK for their funding support.
- Estimated budget: $42,000.00
- City Of Nelson – $20,500.00
- RDCK through the Gas Tax Grant – $17,500.00
- Rebates – $ 4,500.00