Join Our Board of Directors
For more information please see the Board’s Application Package or Contact the Club Manager at 352-2227
2018 Annual General Meeting
Tuesday, Nov 13th
Glacier Gymnastics Club
- View the Draft Agenda.
- Resolutions & Nominations.
- At this time, no resolutions are planned.
- Members are asked to bring any proposed resolutions forward in advance of the meeting.
- These can be forwarded to the Board via club staff.
- Current Directors Sylvie Masse & Mike Finley have completed their 2 yr terms and are planning to stand for election again.
- New Nominations: Jana Cook – tentative
- Resolution & Nominations Forms.
- Draft AGM 2017 Minutes.
Please consider attending the AGM. Ongoing support from the Province of BC ($50,000.00 / BC Gaming Funding this season) is strengthened by a good AGM attendance.
Glacier Gymnastics Club is a not for profit society with over 500 members and more than 1000 annual participants of preschoolers, boys, girls, and adults from Nelson and the surrounding community. Our motto of “Building Healthy Humans” reflects our commitment to the healthy development of children and youth. As a foundation sport gymnastics teaches physical literacy, and provides participants with the tools to achieve lifelong activity and fitness.
We are looking to increase the size and diversification of our Board. Are you interested, or do you know someone who would be a strong addition to our team?
- We currently have only 7 of our 12 positions filled.
- Do you have skills that would help Facility Development.
- We hope to increase representation from our Recreational families.
- Grandparents can often be passionate volunteers with time available to make a meaningful contribution.
If this is something you can’t consider yourself; would you commit to asking/suggesting it to someone else you know?
Gymnastics knowledge is not required to contribute to the Society. We have a number of opportunities with the potential to transform our organization and our contribution to the Nelson community.
- Strategic Planning
- Facility Development
- Sponsorship & Fundraising
- Community & City Relations
- Board Development & HR
We like to receive advance notice / nomination of individuals interested in being elected to the Board. See the Board of Directors Candidate Application Package, or contact the Club Manager to learn more.
Thank you for your support!